Thursday, November 26, 2009

My decklist - Default Blackwings

Monsters: 19

Dark Armed Dragon x1
Sirrocco the Dawn x3
Shura the Blue Flame x3
Bora the Spear x3
Kalut the Moon Shadow x3
Blizzard the Far North x2
Vayu the Emblem of Honor x2
Gale the Whirlwind x1
D.D. Crow x1

Spells: 11

Black Whirlwind x3
Allure of Darkness x2
Book of Moon x2
Heavy Storm x1
Mystical Space Typhoon x1
Brain Control x1
My Body as a Shield x1

Traps: 10

Icarus Attack x3
Bottomless Trap Hole x2
Torrential Tribute x1
Trap Dustshoot x1
Mirror Force x1
Royal Oppression x2


As you can see it's fairly standard. I've play tested using Morphing jar and I found that it had me playing around it too much, which slowed me down or caused me to make bad plays. It did lead me to wins quite a few times but I think I'll let it sit out for now.

I may try maining double Kycoos just for extra bodies in my monster lineup but it might disrupt the flow of the deck like my Dark Grephers did. As the deck is right now, I run into too many situations where I'll draw an all spell hand or spell/weenie monsters which gives me a very slow start.

I might also ditch My Body as a Shield for Giant Trunade for safer hits and plays with whirlwind. (Though I guess My Body as a Shield provides the same amount of defense)

Konami please make a new blackwing monster with an 1800 body. I'd even settle for a 1900 vanilla monster like the Gladiators have.

I'll be waiting for it in Shining Darkness.

3 comments:

  1. The deck truly is standard.

    How has the lone D.D. Crow worked for you? For me, it'd be more of a local meta choice on whether or not I would main it.

    And only two Blizzards because of Oppression?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually it's because first turn blizzard really sucks.

    and DD crow has helped but i've actually already changed up my deck... right after i posted my list

    replaced it with Gorz and my two books for a trunade and a mbaas

    ReplyDelete