Monday, November 23, 2009

It's a Yugioh day.

Ran standard Blackwings (2x Vayu, 2x Opp and a mained Crow) at MythGames today. Here's a short summary of what went down.

Went 4-1 against:

Exodia Stacker

Round 1: He stalls for several turns taking in the minuses while I poke him to death with Shura and Vayu.
Round 2: He sets 2 cards face down. I heavy and OTK on my turn. His next card was the last piece of Exodia.

He stacked well but I just stack better.

Fish Synchro

Round 1: Fish Synchro eats 3 Kaluts for 3 turns feeding my shura. I hit directly in between feeding him Kalut. Quick win.
Round 2: I whittle down his cards with triple icarus pitching 2 vayu's and sirocco. Exploded on the field after a few turns, using blizzard and beater armed wing while he had no outs.

Gigavise


Round 1: Bottomless stops his gigaplant combos and a set MST messes up a Mark of the Rose play. I win after pitching a Vayu for Brionac to bounce a Cyber Valley.
Round 2: Cyber Valleys up the rear. He Brain Controls and tributes into Cyber Valley to draw two cards. Proceeds to do it again with Mark of the Rose and summons a third cyber valley.

Unfortunately for him I had a Book of Moon, Bora had a Spear and Sirocco had a pump.

Zombie with a lone Mezuki tech because he's pro like that.

Round 1: Necro Gardnas are annoying. Pushed with an Armed Wing and a Shura for several turns while he spammed Necro Gardna but luckily, not much else. Made enough pokes to win.
Round 2: I side into my third Oppression, my 2nd DD Crow and 2 Kycoos. My Kycoos keeps his Necro Gardna spam in check as well as that beastly Mezuki tech. I take the win. He did manage to blow away my oppression and Kycco at one point but I had a 2nd copy of both in hand.

Top 4

Gigavise (Same one from earlier. For anyone curious it's the Mystic Tomato version, not the janky UfoTurtle/Blazewing/Arms Hole version)

Round 1: Shura and Bora feeds off of set Nettles, Copy Plant and Mystic Tomatos. Gained enough pluses to win.
Round 2: After a few exchanges I end up with an Armor Master and a set Oppression. He has 2 cards in hand. On his turn he reveals Brain Control. I take a loss.
Round 3: Drops DAD and pulls off the perfect Supervis combo. He ends up with 2 Powertool Dragons, DAD, Gigaplant and Black Brudrago. I had a Bora and a face up Whirlwind. Scoop Phase for me.



I only received one Turbo Pack and pulled a Satellite Cannon. 1st, 2nd and 3d place all pull supers and Doom Calibers. A single tear rolled down my cheek.


Overall not a bad day thanks to some big trades.

Lost:
Armed Wing x2, Dark Grepher (super) x2 and some spare holos.

Gained: Armor Master (1st edition Ultimate. I'll be getting your Armor Master back to you soon Victor), 2x Koaki Meiru Drago, 2x Brionac, Burial from the DD and Super Krebons. Also got Raiza, Earthbound Uru and some other holos.


So yeah, not bad, not bad for my last day to play at a tournament before I take a short leave for my back surgery. Last Sunday was a bit better with me getting 1st and pulling a Super Whirlwind (Thanks credited to Jimmy) on top of trading card sleeves and 10 dollars for a Brionac.

I'll be back at Myth Games most likely after Christmas with Charge of the Light Brigade in hand. Then maybe our little circle can get some match videos up on our Youtube channel. Also planning to start selling cards on EBay but I've been pretty slow going in regards to that.

This is getting a little long winded so I'll cut it for now. I'll post a bit more later on because frankly, this whole blogging business is actually pretty addicting.

Fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment